Sahara Construction is your source for:
- Houston outdoor patio construction
- New patio cover sales
- Patio cover installation
- Outdoor kitchen design and construction
- Landscaping Design and Construction
- Decks and Decorative Concrete
- And much more!
Click Here to Request a No Cost / No Obligation Consultation
Click Here to view our photo gallery of Houston outdoor patio's, outdoor kitchens and more!
Sahara Construction can perform a variety of residential and commercial construction services for your home or business. We execute all facets of the building process - from the initial design to the completion of the project. We have competencies in fence building (iron, wood, and rock), land grading, retaining walls, rock designs, as well as features such as patio covers, pergolas, outdoor kitchens, fire pits, and outdoor seating. We strive to work hand-in-hand with our customer from the design phase to final approval, start to finish. We want to ensure that our clients are happy with placement and aesthetic beauty with our work when the job is done.
Sahara Construction is fully licensed and permitted to work in Texas, carrying $1 Million dollars in liability insurance with the ability to bond any job.
Check out our A+ raiting on Angie'sList.
News Updates and Blog Articles from Houston's Best Patio Construction Company
Outdoor patios Houston: Attractive and Inexpensive
The hot and humid climate of Houston naturally calls for an outdoor patio Houston which not only serves as a relaxing utility but also a great decorative add-on to your beautiful home. Simply going for an outdoor patio Houston which features a covered patio does not count if you are also looking out to add or extrapolate the value of your property. If you consider Houston, covered patios in the form of outdoor patio Houston are many: so you need to do something which sets your patio apart from the rest. Simply having the best outdoor patio Houston covers incorporated in your patios is not sufficient because they should also be useful and functional. Following are three ideas that can maximizes the looks and the features of your outdoor patios Houston covers which will attract potential home buyers if you go for a sale in future.
1. Utilize patio covers that extends the living space
If you desire to expand the living space in your home and you are short on a budget to build an appropriate room, than outdoor patio Houston covers can serve as a good alternative. You can extend the space of the living room into the patio via using slider glass doors. This adds a refreshing vide that flows from outside to inside your place in the humid climate that Houston features. Outdoor patios Houston which are covered allow you the leverage to use electrical wiring through which you can ploy fans, lights and electronics outdoors.
2. Outdoor patios Houston idea for kitchen
No one wants to cook under intense humidity indoors when they have the option to do the same outdoors. Outdoor patio Houston ideas also invite you to shift your cooking activities outdoor under a covered patio. The look of an open kitchen under a covered patio where you have a preparation station and decorative items to add glamour can be really refreshing. Such ideas for Outdoor patio Houston are now being implemented for covered patios where you can keep the kitchen appliances because they are well protected due to the cover. You can go for a wooden patio covering with well crafted patterns or you can go for a patio with a proper constructed ceiling like we see with an open garage.
3. Outdoor patio Houston for entertainment area
If entertainment is your pursuit and you are short on indoor spaces, then with covered patio ideas for Outdoor patio Houston, you can bring the party outdoors. Add an outdoor dining set along with barbecue and brunches for your near and dear friends and family. Outdoor parties can easily be organized with this idea of outdoor patio Houston and that too without any interruption from weather.
Outdoor patio Houston ideas can really give you the comfort space for you outdoor coffee, lunch, party, entertainment and relaxation. You can find modelers and designers out there and on the internet who offer you attractive covering and decorative contracts at cheap rates and with a professional finish. Go through the monthly Houston magazines to get more ideas working for your Outdoor patio Houston.
Outdoor Patio Houston: Comfort with Utility
Nothing is better than an outdoor patio Houston where you get a refreshing feel of the outdoor air while you are still within the expansion of your home. Outdoor patio gives a great platform for your outdoor but indoor house activities where you can enjoy with the circles of your friends and your loved family. An attractive and classic outdoor patio Houston where you walk up to every morning for enjoying a cup of hot coffee while the sun starts to show up is a great rejuvenating feeling. You may be feeling tired and your family wants a day out with you, your outdoor patio Houston designed and made with the finest materials and structures can serve as a great spot where you can enjoy the same holiday with your family indoors.
An Outdoor patio Houston is being very commonly used these days for the purpose of outdoor cooking. This protects you from the humidity and the suffocation which you might tend to feel while cooking indoors. People even take the plunge to build their outdoor patio Houston themselves, but what this does is that they do not get the same finishing touch that professionals can give. Even if you can manage it easily, you will always need the help of an expert who can help you with the right materials to use and can guide you about the measures or precautions you need to take. An outdoor patio Houston project that you take up for yourself can easily scoop out of your budget if you dont plan everything properly. For patio covers for outdoor patio Houston, its recommended that you buy a ready cover because building one on your own can prove to be a really hectic affair and can also increase on your cost in the form of wastages and revisions. Hiring professionals for building your outdoor patio Houston prevents you from costs like the cost of construction tools and the cost of your time.
Whether you need an outdoor patio Houston which is an open one or the one which is closed will depend on how you want to use it. If it is only beauty and add-on which you want, you can go for a pergola of open spaces which act as a welcome path to your indoors. Enclosed patios and porches that are screened in are being preferred in outdoor patio Houston trends because it protects homeowners from elements like dust, wind, rain and insects. The mild winters in Houston allow people in Houston to go luxury with their enclosed outdoor patio Houston because this protects them from direct exposure to the cold weather. A fire place in the middle of an outdoor patio Houston adds a great utility and attractive feature to your patio. The fireplace can be made in round, rectangular or even in a triangular shape to make it look unique. An outdoor patio Houston with a fireplace in between gives you a great cozy setting in the cold nights where you sit besides the fire and enjoy a cup of coffee with your family. A covered outdoor patio Houston also protects you from the heat of the sun when its really on. You can also add many different electrical accessories with your covered or paved outdoor patio Houston and can even make it more decorative. The ideas for outdoor patio Houston are as many as you can think of, but the success rests on how you plan things and which builder you hire for the purpose.
A short guide to patio construction Houston Texas
It is the patio that amplifies its aesthetic beauty of a house and improves the feeling of satisfaction and pride of dwelling in it. While most people look at it as a concrete extension of the outer space of a house premise, connoisseurs consider it as the inner courtyard of the house with is kept roofless to feel that natural aura while being indoor. Though patios originated from houses of Spanish style, currently almost all home owners in Houston opt for a spectacular patio construction in Texas to aggravate the home. Countering the high volume of stipulation a host of patio builder in Houston, Texas has sprung up in the city to cater to the demands of the mass.
Patio styles that have already formed the trends range from paved to flagstone, depending on the area of the house grounds spared for the decoration. You can also opt for an elaborate customized style, by incorporating your own architectural abilities into it. You can design your own patio construction in Houston by blending a few of the styles that you have seen and create a unique one. However, if you cannot afford to be experimental, then you can stick to a particular established style that you feel is pertinent to the structural pattern of your house.
While patio builders in Houston, Texas is ample in the market, you need to find one who has a credible reputation - Sahara Construction.
Only the best of builders follow the instructions of the clients closely and incorporate their own sensibilities in them to build up an exclusive courtyard that the dwellers will cherish for years to come. Thus, you need a patio builder in Houston who has both in-depth knowledge as well as an admirable sense of style to put up. Conversely, the success of your patio construction in Houston rests largely on the builder you have chosen to handle the task. Apart from their efficiency, the usage of materials also contribute a large portion to the accuracy of the desired product. If you are contemplating to make a flagstone patio, then the construction will need real flag stones of the appropriate diameter to materialize the aimed look.
The quality of the material is another contributing factor to the durability of the setting. Even though houses porches and patios are not exposed extreme corrosive conditions that can disintegrate the concrete and stone overnight, yet the best patio construction Texas materials need to be used for a fine setting. This is necessary to preserve the handworks used to embellish the patio for the coming years. If the stones used are not of high quality, then the glossy finish is likely to get eroded even before the owners get used to the new set up inside their campus. The rates charged by the patio builders depend on the kind of patio you wish to build for your house.
10 Things to Consider Before Designing Your Outdoor Kitchen
Houston outdoor kitchens will add value to any home. Just like your indoor kitchen, you should look at your houston outdoor kitchen as an investment. However, before you design your outdoor kitchen, you should consider some outdoor kitchen ideas as well as some things before you actually choose or go for a design. As it were, the outdoor kitchen design must be implemented professionally. This could mean everything -- from choosing the right style to choosing the right equipments. Here are 10 things that can help guide you in designing your outdoor kitchen.
1. Location of your outdoor area. This is an important thing to consider in the process. If you are thinking about setting up your outdoor kitchen in a covered patio, you will need a vent hood in order to eliminate smoke and prevent contamination from grilling. This is required by manufacturer specification as well as by your local building codes. If you wish to save money, you may consider having your outdoor kitchen on an open area or patio.
2. Budget. Think about how much money you are willing to spend for an outdoor kitchen. This will help you figure out what kinds of appliances you can add to your outdoor kitchen.
3. Appliances. Once you know what your budget is, you may consider what appliances you will want to have for your outdoor kitchen. Normally, outdoor kitchens have built in grills, refrigerators, ice bin coolers, grill covers, fire pits, outdoor television, patio furniture and many others.
4. Utilities. Other things that relate to your budget are the utilities. If you already have sewer, water, gas and electric pipes/lines where you wish your new kitchen to be located then there won't be extra cost. But, if you need to run all these, you have to consider the operation costs depending on how long these utilities need to be ran.
5. Local building laws and regulations. You have to check local building rules if you would be allowed to have a drain in your yard, for instance, a cold water drain. It is important to check the building codes in your area to know what things are allowed and what are not. Of course, you want to have outdoor kitchen ideas that comply with local building codes.
6. Weather condition. When choosing supplies for your outdoor kitchen, you should consider if they can stand the weather in your area. Since it is outdoor, choose supplies that can stand cold temperatures, sunlight and water.
7. Materials. When choosing materials for your outdoor kitchen, make sure there are weatherproof. Some good examples are tile, slate, stucco, teak and stainless steel. The surrounding area of your grill should be made from materials that can resist high heat and sparks.
8. Style frames. Make sure to consider a style frame is made from inflammable materials. There are many frames that are readily available with steel beams, cinder block and wood frame.
9. Lighting. Your outdoor kitchen may also require lighting especially if you want to use it at night. Consider energy efficient lighting or maybe solar lighting to save electricity costs.
10. Contractor. Lastly, find an economical contractor who will complete your kitchen outdoor. You may opt for new contractor firms to save on fees. But if you have the budget, go for reputable contractors or companies. Expertise is still important if you want to add value to your home. So, choose Sahara Construction - the right contractor! Our professionals at Sahara will give you the best outdoor kitchen ideas.
Decorative Concrete Artistic, Available, Affordable
Not so long ago, if you had a garage or driveway that was weathered, worn and/or stained, or if you had a fireplace that you wanted enhanced by a rock wall, or you had walk ways or outdoor areas you wanted to beautify, your choices were limited to bricks, blocks, rock, cement and a few other items.
More recently, however, decorative elements for a home,indoors or out, have become more readily available. Many of these decorative concrete ideas used to be reserved for the more expensive homes or exclusive estates. Today, the use of decorative concrete to duplicate these types of artistic decorations is cropping up everywhere.
For instance, 30 years ago, if you wanted a fireplace set into a wall of flagstone rock, the rock had to be brought in and set. If the wall was 12 feet high by 6 feet wide, it involved a lot of flagstone. Today, decorative concrete can be used in conjunction with hand carving to create a wall that looks the same, but at a better price, custom look and feel and a fast and long-lasting process.
You might have a patio area that has basic concrete on the ground, but you want something more warm and inviting. You could bring in various types of tile or other materials and have them set, or you could use decorative concrete in various colors and textures, and even stamps. This patio resurface could then be sealed so that it would last for a long time. Instead of purchasing tiles, especially expensive stamped tiles, decorative concrete could be used to create the same effects with much less work and time and a beautiful, custom finish.
If you are thinking about making changes to enhance any part of your home: indoors, outdoors, walls, floors, patios, decks or more, now is a great time to contact Sahara Construction.
Click Here to Contact Us Now!